For 2004 we elected to read titles by and about the Black Male. And we wanted to read new as well as established authors.
- ECHOES OF A DISTANT SUMMER by Guy Johnson
- RACE MATTERS by Cornel West
- THE FIRST THING SMOKING by Nelson Eubanks
- RAISING FENCES by Michael Datcher
- THE KNOWN WORLD by Edward Jones
- The Bibliophiles were interviewed by The Star Ledger during their discussion of THE KNOWN WORLD. The interview was published in The Book Club column of The Star Ledger, October 31, 2004.
- A MAN OF THE PEOPLE by Chinua Achebe