In 2001 we elected to learn more about traditional North American belief systems and expand our knowledge about other African Diaspora belief systems. This was one of our more enlightening reading lists. We recommend it.
- PARABLE OF THE TALENT by Octavia Butler
- BLACK THEOLOGY & BLACK POWER by James Cone
- AFRICAN RELIGIONS & PHILOSOPHIES by John S. Mbiti
- THE AMEN CORNER by James Baldwin
- THE ALTER OF MY SOUL: THE LIVING TRADITIONS OF SANTERIA by Martha Moreno Vega
- SLAVE RELIGION, THE INVISIBLE INSTITUTION IN THE ANTEBELLUM SOUTH by Albert J. Raboteau