We had such fun reading books we read previously during 2010 that we had to continue. The criteria was simply that a member suggest a favorite, thus being labeled a “Biblio-favorite”, whether read by the group previously or not.
The following were the titles selected for 2011 – a rich and varied list.
- TUMBLING by Diane McKinney-Whetstone
- BLACK MANHATTAN by James Weldon Johnson
- THE WARMTH OF OTHER SUNS: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson
- BUFFALO SOLDIERS: A Narrative of the Black Calvary in the West by William H. Leckie
- DISINTEGRATION: The Splintering of Black America by Eugene Robinson
- FOR COLORED GIRLS WHO HAVE CONSIDERED SUICIDE WHEN THE RAINBOW WAS ENUF by Ntozake Shange